According To Luke: Unexcused Absence

According To Luke: Unexcused Absence 

Are You Screening The Call From The Savior?

Luke 14:13-24 ESV

Listen To The Information From The Master’s Invitation!

I. The Invitation Extended vs. 16-17
Luke 14:16-17 ESV
But he said to him, “A man once gave a great banquet and invited many. 17 And at the time for the banquet he sent his servant to say to those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’

I Timothy 2:3-4 ESV
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 

II. The Invitation Extinguished vs. 18-20
Luke 14:18-20 ESV
But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a field, and I must go out and see it. Please have me excused.’ 19 And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to examine them. Please have me excused.’ 20 And another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’

3 Typical Responses To Christ’s Call

A. The Excuse of Possessions
B. The Excuse of Prosperity 

C. The Excuse of Personal Relationships

Luke 9:60 ESV
And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

III. The Invitation Expanded vs. 23-24 ESV
Luke 14:23-24 ESV
And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I tell you, none of those men who were invited shall taste my banquet.’”

I Corinthians 1:21 ESV
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.


Are You Sharing God’s Invitation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communion Mediation

Therefore…Be Alert

Long Lasting Liberty