According To Luke: The Cost To Jesus’ Call

According To Luke: The Cost To Jesus’ Call

Are You Prepared To Part Ways With This Planet?

Luke 14:25-33 ESV

I. What Will It Cost To Follow Christ?

A. Relationships vs. 25-26

Matthew 19:29 ESV
[29] And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.

B. Relaxation vs. 27

Mark 9:35 ESV
[35] And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, "If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all."

C. Riches vs. 33

Matthew 19:21 ESV
[21] Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."

II. Jesus’ Call Requires...

A. Caution vs. 28-30

Mark 8:35 ESV
[35] For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.

B. Commitment vs. 31-32

Philippians 3:7-8 ESV
[7] But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. [8] Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.

Great Is The Reward For Following Christ!

James 1:12 ESV

[12] Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communion Mediation

Therefore…Be Alert

Long Lasting Liberty