Waking The Dead

Waking The Dead

Do You Ever Feel Like You're Falling Apart?

Ezekiel 37:1-10 (NASB)
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; and it was full of bones. [2] He caused me to pass among them round about, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley; and lo, they were very dry. [3] He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, You know." [4] Again He said to me, "Prophesy over these bones and say to them, ''O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.'' [5] "Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones, ''Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life. [6] ''I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the LORD.''" [7] So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone. [8] And I looked, and behold, sinews were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. [9] Then He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ''Thus says the Lord GOD, "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life."''" [10] So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Ezekiel's Meditation Is Our Message

I. God's Word Gives Awareness (Defines A Worldview)
Ezekiel 37:1 (NASB)
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; and it was full of bones.

Romans 12:2 (NASB)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

II. God's Word Assembles (Binds Up Broken People)
Ezekiel 37:7 (NASB)
So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.

In What Ways Are We Broken?

🔴Every 13.7 minutes someone in the United States dies by suicide.

🔴Nearly 1,000,000 people make a suicide attempt every year.

🔴Broad estimates are that about one percent of the total U.S. population, or between 2 and 3 million people, exhibit some type of self-abusive behavior. But that number includes those with eating disorders like anorexia, as well as those who self injure. (1)

🔴In the U.S., it's estimated that one in every 200 girls between 13 and 19 years old, or one-half of one percent, cut themselves regularly. Those who cut comprise about 70 percent of teen girls who self injure.

🔴Brokenness is everywhere and we insulate ourselves from seeing or caring. 

Psalm 147:3 (NASB)
He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.

III. God's Word Activates (Brings Life To Dead People) 
Ezekiel 37:9 (NASB)
Then He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ''Thus says the Lord GOD, "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life."''"

Acts 17:24-25 (NASB)
"The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; [25] nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;

IV. God's Word Aims (Brings Purpose To Alive People)
Ezekiel 37:10 (NASB)
So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Acts 1:8 (NASB)
but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

🔴Closing Song Chris Tomlin's Awake My Soul




God's Word Is Powerful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communion Mediation

Therefore…Be Alert

Long Lasting Liberty